Common Programs Won't Open On My Windows 10 - 0xc0000005

Receive a thoughtful essay on why users should visit your site or join your forum. You can use this essay to advertise your site or show off to others.

Moderator: Service Team

markblake
Cash on hand: Locked

Common Programs Won't Open On My Windows 10 - 0xc0000005

Post by markblake » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am

Hello.

Last night, as I was working on my Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron), I've noticed that my browser won't load up any more webpages, despite my laptop saying that I'm connected and my Comodo firewall isn't blocking anything.

But then, when I restarted my laptop, several of my programs (including Avast A/V) wouldn't open up, but instead shows the "0xc0000005" error (Unable to start - Click 'Ok' to terminate). I even tried re-installing that program, but the installation file itself wouldn't open up either.

I'm thinking about wiping out my entire laptop and starting from scratch, but if there are any other methods that I could try before coming down to that last solution, please let me know Website Promo Video .

I would also like to point out that I disabled my Automatic Windows Update with the "Metered Connection" setting due to being disruptive with my schedule back in January. The last time I ran an update was actually in December. I'm not sure if that's being a factor in this issue either.

Please advise. Thanks!